"TACA Radio Commercial"
Wednesday Worship every week @ 7:30:
Please consider joining Mauricio Lostra while he helps our young men tackle some of the more difficult subjects that they will face in today's world. Practices will end at 7:30 on Wednesday's to join together in prayer and learn what God has to say about some of the areas our young men face. We know Jesus had to leave Galilee to start his ministry. Sometimes our young men need to hear exactly what it is you are trying to instill in them from a new source.
I love the traditional "Youth Services" at Churches one night a week that many of our kids have gone to since they were young. The difference for these next six weeks is that at the field, nobody has the cover they have at their home churches. It's a chance for our young men to see and experience God's word with their Brothers in Christ when their "Guard is down".
We're going to tackle a few tough subjects, but that's the whole idea of our Sport's Ministry. We want to play a small role in helping older boys become the young men God wants them to become.
If you're already part of a youth group, please consider giving this a chance from now until Halloween. We think it'll benefit these young men in a big way.
"A team where home-schooled and private schooled young men can learn and play the game of football!"
Are you interested in creating a team under the TACA banner?
Please read "Principles of Fielding a TACA Team".
Five Great Reasons to Play Football @ TACA
1. Christ. We’re Christ- centered. However, just as Christ did, we would welcome anyone. Like Jesus with the Samaritan woman, we would seek to eliminate barriers and want everyone to know they’re special in the eyes of God. All we ask is for those not ready to join us in prayer, to be respectful at our times of worship.
2. Coaches. We are blessed with fantastic, teaching Coaches. These men are parents themselves, and mature family men that go to great lengths to teach from experience our young men about life lessons, and the game of Football. They have played the game at all levels, from the NFL down. A couple of our Coaches have children currently in college athletics. Speak to other TACA parents about what impacts these men have had in their son’s lives. Our Coaches are recognized and connected in the collegiate Football community. If the opportunity presents itself to help move athletes to the next level, they will do whatever they can to help your son move to the next level. Just one of our Coaches along with his two brothers received complete scholarships to Duke, The Naval Academy, and University of Virginia.
3. Course. We believe what James Dobson said from “Focus on the Family”. Our ONLY job as a parent is to work ourselves out of a job. We will treat your son’s as young men, not boys. Our desire is to help you-help them with their focus on worship, their interactions with their family, and their studies. When conflicts arise your son will approach his teammate or Coach face to face and seek a faith driven resolution.
4. Cost. Why would you want to buy a pile of equipment that won’t fit your son this time next year? Why spend $700-800.00 in registration fees? Our approach is simple. Our equipment is leased out free of charge and our registration fee is only $100.00! Our young men participate in a raffle ticket sale to raise about half of what’s needed, and we raise the rest in cooperative programs in the business community. Part of our job as parents is to make certain our young men are financially independent and responsible. For these lessons to take root, they cannot begin when they have finished high-school. Mom and Dad can’t always be the answer to their financial issues.
5. Competition. We’re good at the game of Football! We won’t always be a 9-0 team, but we’ll win games by being better conditioned, better coached, and better at understanding the game from every position possible. Whether we win or lose a Football game, we'll try to do it with humility and sportsmanship.